We invite proposals of individual papers as well as panels (comprising of 3-4 papers) on the following broadly defined topics:
- Historical roots and development of the republican tradition
- The impact of the republican tradition on modern democracies
- Variety of forms of current (neo-)republican political theory
- Republicanism as an alternative to the prevailing liberal account of democracy
- Constitutionalism, citizenship and political participation
- Republican ideas and European integration.
- Paper abstracts and panel proposals should be submitted by June 10th, 2017.
- Paper abstracts and panel proposals should be no longer than 500 words.
- Panel proposals have to be submitted together with abstracts of all papers included in the panel. Each panel must involve panellists from at least two different institutions.
- Each person may submit only one paper abstract – either separately or as a part of a panel proposal. Please note that all papers will be assessed individually. We may hence reject a panel proposal but still accept one or two papers included in such panel.
How to Apply
To submit a paper or panel proposal, click here.
Selected papers that pass the peer-review process will be published in a special issue of Acta Politologica – a peer reviewed journal published by the Institute of Political Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University.
- Standard rate: CZK 1200 (approx. € 45)
- Student rate: CZK 600 (approx. € 22.5)
Call for Papers in PDF is available here.