We invite proposals of individual papers as well as panels (comprising of 3–4 papers). Suggested topics:
- Machiavelli, Lucretius and political materialism
- Machiavelli, umoreand the nature of political conflict
- Machiavelli on the role of violence in politics
- Machiavelli’s notion of liberty: republican or democratic?
- Machiavelli as a populist
- Machiavelli and plebeian politics
- Machiavelli on oligarchy and how to tame it
- Machiavelli on political conspiracies
- Machiavelli’s place in the history of political thought
- Echoes of Machiavelli in contemporary IR theory
- Paper abstracts and panel proposals should be submitted by July 15th, 2019.
- Paper abstracts and panel proposals should be no longer than 500 words.
- Panel proposals have to be submitted together with abstracts of all papers included in the panel. Each panel must involve panellists from at least two different institutions.
- Each person may submit only one paper abstract – either separately or as a part of a panel proposal. Please note that all papers will be assessed individually. We may hence reject a panel proposal but still accept one or two papers included in such panel.
How to Apply
To submit a paper or panel proposal, click here.
Selected papers will be published in a special issue of Acta Politologica – a peer reviewed journal published by the Institute of Political Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University. Other papers that pass the peer review proces will be published in the conference proceedings published by the Anglo-American University.
- Standard rate: CZK 1500 (approx. € 58)
- Student rate: CZK 750 (approx. € 29)